FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS DUE TO COVID-19
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS DUE TO COVID-19
Spreading Awareness: October is National Pet CBD Month
Awareness initiatives are well-known for their ability to draw attention to important causes. The days, weeks, and months set aside to acknowledge various concerns give us a chance to show support, express appreciation, and share information. Although some of the most noteworthy campaigns focus awareness on specific health concerns affecting our population, a considerable number call attention to health and wellness issues impacting our pets.
October is National Pet CBD Month.1 That’s why we’re stepping up to remind you that dogs and cats can develop the same physical and emotional concerns as any other member of your family. Since hemp-derived CBD has just as many potential health and wellness benefits for your pet as it could for you, here’s what you need to know about giving this natural plant product to your four-legged friend.
Investigating the Health and Wellness Potential of Pet CBD
A relatively short time ago, researchers made an impressive discovery, receptors located throughout the body that respond to active elements in cannabis, its cannabinoids. A few years later, investigators discovered two substances produced in the body that interact with the same receptors. Realizing they’d uncovered a previously unknown regulatory system, investigators named this complex network of messengers and receptors the endocannabinoid system (ECS).
Although we still don’t know everything there is to know about ECS function, we do know that the communication between its messengers and receptors regulates nearly every essential function in the body of most animal species. Yes, yours and your pets! Just a few of the many functions regulated by ECS signaling include:
- Moods and emotions
- Stress responses
- Appetite and digestive processes
- Energy levels and metabolism
- Inflammation and immune system function
- Perception of pleasure and pain
- Memory and learning
- Muscle movement and neuroprotection
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sleep and sleep cycles
The ECS messengers made in the body are created as needed. Once their message is delivered, they’re broken down by metabolic enzymes. Today, we know that plant-based cannabinoids support ECS function by mimicking the effects of the ECS messengers (endocannabinoids) produced in the body to help keep communication between the messengers and receptors going strong. That ability to interact with numerous receptors throughout the body explains why CBD users report benefits from hemp-derived products for such an astonishing range of seemingly unrelated concerns.
Recognizing the Many Potential Benefits of Hemp-Derived Pet Products
Pets have subtle ways of letting their caregivers know when something is wrong. Some eat less, sleep more, or display destructive behavior. Eating less or a sudden decrease in activity levels could suggest injury, illness, or pain. Although CBD is not a medication, a considerable number of people say this natural plant element has a substantial impact on their pet’s overall health and wellbeing.2
Share Your Love, Not Your Personal Supply of CBD
If you’re currently using a hemp-derived product, you may be tempted to share your personal supply of CBD with your pet. While understandable, sharing is not a good idea. Your pet’s digestive system is not quite the same as yours. Your four-legged companion needs a CBD tincture specifically formulated for easy digestions, a fact many CBD companies fail to mention.
CBDistillery™ CBD Pet Tinctures are made with a blend of full-spectrum hemp extract and cold-pressed hemp seed oil, another type of hemp oil easy for your pet to digest. To determine which of our pet product options might best suit your needs, consider the following recommendations:
CBD Pet Tincture 150mg
- Each 1 mL dropper of our CBDistillery™ 150mg CBD Pet Tincture contains 5mg of high-quality CBD. Simply shake the bottle and add the recommended serving size to your pet’s food or water twice each day. You can also blend pets CBD with peanut butter, or any other “people treat” your companion enjoys.
CBD Pet Tincture 600 mg
- When you select our CBDistillery™ 600mg Pet Tincture, you’ll use less tincture per serving. Since there’s four times as much CBD in the bottle, selecting a 600mg tincture means you’ll pay less per serving. Each 1mL dropper of a 600mg tincture contains 20ml of CBD, which breaks down to 1mg per drop.
Man’s Best Friend CBD Oil Pack
- When you and your furry friend both appreciate the health and wellness potential of CBD, consider our Man’s Best Friend CBD Oil Pack. You’ll have a 150mg tincture for your pet and a 1000mg full-spectrum CBD tincture for yourself at significant savings compared to buying both products individually. Our 1000mg tincture delivers 33mg of CBD per serving.
Extra Strength Man’s Best Friend CBD Oil Pack
- Our Extra Strength Man’s Best Friend CBD Oil Pack is an extra-strength value. You’ll have a 600 mg Pet Tincture for your furry friend and a 2500 mg full-spectrum CBD tincture for yourself. Our 2500mg CBD tincture delivers 83mg of CBD per 1mL serving. That means eight drops of our 2500mg tincture delivers the same amount of CBD as a full mL of our 1000mg tincture.
Celebrating National Pet CBD Awareness Month with CBDistillery™
Although a few clicks of your keyboard will direct you to CBD pet treats and tinctures from many potential sources, you’ll likely find that far too many are made with artificial flavors or the same carrier oil as people products (most often MCT oil). Those artificial flavoring agents could interfere with cannabinoid absorption. Giving your pet the wrong carrier oil can cause unpleasant digestive issues. You can protect your pet from a potentially disappointing National Pet CBD Month by selecting pet products from CBDistillery™
CBDistillery™ Pet CBD Tinctures are made with naturally cultivated industrial hemp extract and hemp seed oil. We use only food-safe extraction methods and test every product we offer through an independent third-party facility. You can verify the purity and potency of every CBDistillery™ product by viewing the third-party test results on our product pages or scanning the QR code on product labels.
Before giving CBD to your pet, it’s important to know that plant-based cannabinoids can interact with some medications. If your pet has a medical condition or takes medication, please consult your veterinarian before adding CBD to your pet’s daily routine.
- National Day Calendar. (2020) National Pet CBD Month – October.
- Journals.Physiology.org. A Lingresti et al. (2016 September 14) From Phytocannabinoids to Cannabinoid Receptors and Endocannabinoids: Pleiotropic Physiological and Pathological Roles Through Complex Pharmacology.