Meditation has a profound impact on your body, mind, and spirit. As your thoughts clear and the day’s tensions resolve, you’ll likely feel calm, relaxed, and focused. Meditation is about inner peace, personal fulfillment, and self-care.
Although meditation is known to reduce the physical burden of emotional stress, improve immune system function, enhance memory, and more, the practice takes determination, energy, and discipline. It’s not always easy to sit quietly, unburden your mind, or relax your body. Whether you’ve been practicing for years or just getting started, you may want to consider supporting your efforts with the many potential health and wellness benefits of hemp-derived CBD.
The Rising Popularity of Meditation, Mindfulness, and Holistic Self-Care
Many of today’s health-conscious consumers are more interested in addressing the cause of their health and wellness concerns than managing individual symptoms. That conclusion is based on the increased demand for natural products and holistic services that support physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.1
While most people practicing various forms of meditation are motivated by overall health and wellness benefits, a considerable number meditate with a specific purpose in mind. If you’ve been curious about some of the many reasons people are drawn to meditation, here’s your answer:
- Improved energy (60%)
- Improving memory and focus (50%)
- Alleviating anxiety symptoms (29%)
- Minimizing the symptoms of Depression (18%)
- Managing the impact of stress (22%)
In less than ten years, the number of people practicing meditation has tripled. Today, you’ll find mindfulness and meditation practiced in yoga studios, schools, and in the workplace. Following the lead of Disney, General Mills, and Google, surveys show that more than 50 percent of US employers are offering mindfulness meditation training to their employees, a mutually beneficial concept shown to increase workplace productivity.3,4
Complementing Your Self Care Efforts with Hemp-Derived CBD
If you’ve been investigating mindfulness, focused meditation, or other natural methods of self-care, you’ve likely found more than a few recommendations for adding hemp-derived CBD to your daily routine. You may even have noticed fitness centers, spas, and yoga studios offering a selection of private label products of their own, with good reason. CBD could be the perfect complement for any self-care practice that emphasizes the importance of achieving physical, mental, and emotional balance.
When you add CBD to your daily routine, the cannabinoids in your hemp-derived products mimic the effects of important neurotransmitters produced in your body. By functioning as a messenger, CBD relays urgent messages to the receptors of your endocannabinoid system, the largest regulatory system in your body. The signaling between your ECS messengers and receptors is so essential to your overall health and wellbeing that many researchers believe its primary purpose is to regulate the processes of homeostasis, the internal balance all living organisms must maintain to survive. When internal or external influences threaten that essential balance, it’s the processes of homeostasis that restore equilibrium.5
That equilibrium is important. Your endocannabinoid system regulates nearly every essential process in your body, your moods and emotions, stress responses, memory and learning, immune system function, and more. Illness, injury, and stress can strain the system. That’s why so many people are supporting ECS function with hemp-derived products. The effects of daily used depend on which essential processes might be restored to balance through ECS support.
Selecting the Hemp-Derived Product That’s Right for You
There are many types of meditation. There are also many different types of CBD. Like choosing between focused meditation, guided meditation, yoga, or mindfulness, you’ll want to find a CBD option that suits your preferences and lifestyle. To find the CBD product that’s right for you, consider the similarities and differences between the following product options:
- Full-spectrum CBD is the least processed form of hemp extract. Full-spectrum products contain all the additional cannabinoids, flavonoids, and plant terpenes in the same ratios as the original plant. That means full-spectrum CBD contains 0.3 percent THC (or less), not enough to cause intoxication. Many CBD users find CBDistillery™ Full-Spectrum CBD Oil, topicals, and capsules the most potent options because of the benefit multiplying potential of the entourage effect.
- Broad-spectrum CBD contains most of the same additional cannabinoids, terpenes, and other plant elements as full-spectrum extracts, but the THC is removed during extraction and processing. CBDistillery™ Broad-spectrum CBD Oil and vape e-liquid are most often preferred by CBD users interested in the entourage effect provided by full-spectrum products but prefer avoiding THC*.
Pure CBD Isolate
- CBD isolate is flavorless and odorless. All that remains of the plant oils after extraction and processing is a white, crystalline powder that is nearly 100 percent pure cannabidiol (CBD). CBDistillery™ Pure CBD Oil, capsules, and CBDelicious Isolate Powder are popular with CBD users looking for a 0% THC product and those who do not care for the natural flavor of industrial hemp.
CBG+ CBD Oil
- CBG (cannabigerol) has many of the same potential health and wellness benefits as CBD, but some of the effects are shown to be more potent. Adding CBG isolate to full-spectrum extracts further maximizes product potency because of the way the cannabinoid contributes to the entourage effect. CBG Isolate High Purity Powder is ideal for adding CBG to your favorite recipes. CBDistillery™ CBG+CBD Oil contains a 1:1 ratio of the two cannabinoids.5
CBN +CBD Oil
- When CBN (cannabinol) interacts with ECS receptors, it produces a calming, relaxing effect. Although full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD products contain trace amounts of CBN, current research shows that increasing the CBN content maximizes the sleep-promoting-potential of the plant extracts. CBDistillery™ CBN+CBD Oil is popular with CBD users interested in a safe, natural product to promote restful sleep.
Supporting Meditation, Mindfulness, and Self Care with CBDistillery™
With increasing interest in natural health and wellness options, many people are turning to mindfulness, meditation, and other natural methods of self-care to counter the burdens of a hectic lifestyle. Most find that meditation calms their mind and alleviates tension. As you practice meditation, the calm focus and attention to breath control activates your parasympathetic nervous system, the branch of your autonomic nervous system that diffuses the alarms triggered by stress.7
CBD helps support your self-care efforts by interacting with the receptors of your endocannabinoid system. Your ECS is the essential regulatory system influencing nearly every essential function in your body, including the processes regulated by your autonomic nervous system. That’s why so many people who practice meditation and mindfulness are adding hemp-derived CBD to their daily routine.
Of course, the quality, purity, and potency of the products you select will have a significant impact on your overall experience. For high-quality, fairly priced CBD, CBG, and CBN products visit CBDistillery™. As a vertically integrated company, we have full control over every aspect of production, from seed selection and soil testing to the production and distribution of every product we offer. All CBDistillery™ products are naturally cultivated, third-party tested, and US Hemp Authority™ certified.
* Third-party tested to ensure non-detectable levels of THC (less than .05%)
- Investopedia. S Delventhal. (2020 February 29) New Generation of Consumers Increase Demand for Natural Products.
- Disturb Me Not. M Rakicevic. (2020 February 02) 27 Meditation Statistics That You Should Be Aware Of.
- The Good Body. (2019 June 24) Meditation Statistics: Data and Trends Revealed.
- Harvard Business Review. K Schaufenbuel. Why Google, Target, and General Mills Are Investing in Mindfulness.
- Journal of Young Investigators. C Sallaberry, L Astern. (2018 June 01) The Endocannabinoid System, Our Universal Regulator.
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin. H Yoshida et al. (1995 February) Synthesis and Pharmacological Effects in Mice of Halogenated Cannabinol Derivatives.
- Neuroscience and Behavioral Psychology. J Furness. (2008 November 05) Parasympathetic Nervous System.